Pasture vs Providence - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between pasture and providence
is that pasture
is land on which cattle can be kept for feeding while providence
As a verb pasture
is to move animals into a to graze.
Land on which cattle can be kept for feeding.
Ground covered with grass or herbage, used or suitable for the grazing of livestock.
* Bible, Psalms xxiii. 2
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures .
(obsolete) Food, nourishment.
* 1590 , Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene , III.x:
- So graze as you find pasture .
- Ne euer is he wont on ought to feed, / But toades and frogs, his pasture poysonous [...].
* pasture rose
* pasture thistle
To move animals into a to graze.
To feed, especially on growing grass; to supply grass as food for.
- The farmer pastures''' fifty oxen; the land will '''pasture forty cows.
(en proper noun
Divine care or direction, the will of God or the gods; fate
Any of several cities named for this force, particularly the capital of the American state of Rhode Island