Guardian vs Protector - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between guardian and protector
is that guardian
is guardian while protector
is someone who protects or guards, by assignment or on their own initiative.
Someone who guards, watches over, or protects.
(legal) A person legally responsible for a minor (in loco parentis).
(legal) A person legally responsible for an incompetent person.
A superior in a Franciscan monastery.
(video games) A major or final enemy; boss.
* 1993 , Zach Meston, J. Douglas Arnold, Awesome Super Nintendo Secrets 2
* 2004 , James Newman, Videogames
- Secret weak points of bosses/guardians .
- 'if you tell me how to find the secret door in level three, I'll tell you how to defeat the end of level guardian'
* guardian angel
* protectour (obsolete)
Someone who protects or guards, by assignment or on their own initiative.
A device or mechanism which is designed to protect.
One who prevents interference.
A state or other subject under international law, exercising a protectorate over another subject in international law.
* Jon Huntsman, Jr.
(UK, historical) One having the care of the kingdom during the king's minority; a regent.
- I stand before you in the spirit of pure public service — not as a protector of the status quo, but as an agent of change.
(Roman Catholic) A cardinal, from one of the more considerable Roman Catholic nations, who looks after the interests of his people at Rome; also, a cardinal who has the same relation to a college, religious order, etc.