As nouns the difference between methane and propane
is that methane
is methane while propane
is (organic compound) an aliphatic hydrocarbon, c3
, a constituent of natural gas.
(organic compound, uncountable) The simplest aliphatic hydrocarbon, CH4, being a constituent of natural gas.
(organic chemistry, countable) Any of very many derivatives of methane.
- Cattle emit a large amount of methane .
* methyl hydride (appears in some chemistry literature)
* carbon tetrahydride (qualifier)
* methane gas (an often-used term, although it really means methane )
(organic compound) An aliphatic hydrocarbon, C3H8, a constituent of natural gas.
* when used as a propellant