Amatuer vs Profession - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between amatuer and profession
is that amatuer
is while profession
is a promise or vow made on entering a religious order.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A promise or vow made on entering a religious order.
* 1796 , Matthew Lewis, The Monk , Folio Society 1985, p. 27:
- She died only a few years after her profession .
A declaration of belief, faith or of one's opinion.
- Rosario was a young novice belonging to the monastery, who in three months intended to make his profession .
An occupation, trade, craft, or activity in which one has a professed expertise in a particular area; a job, especially one requiring a high level of skill or training.
- Despite his continued professions of innocence, the court eventually sentenced him to five years.
The practitioners of such an occupation collectively.
- My father was a barrister by profession .
- His conduct is against the established practices of the legal profession .
* liberal profession