Accession vs Production - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Accession is a related term of production.
As nouns the difference between accession and production
is that accession
is a coming to; the act of acceding and becoming joined; as, a king's accession
to a confederacy while production
is the act of producing, making or creating something.
As a verb accession
is to make a record of (additions to a collection).
A coming to; the act of acceding and becoming joined; as, a king's accession to a confederacy.
Increase by something added; that which is added; augmentation from without.
(legal) A mode of acquiring property, by which the owner of a corporeal substance which receives an addition by growth, or by labor, has a right to the part or thing added, or the improvement (provided the thing is not changed into a different species).
(legal) The act by which one power becomes party to engagements already in force between other powers.
The act of coming to or reaching a throne, an office, or dignity.
(medicine) The invasion, approach, or commencement of a disease; a fit or paroxysm.
- The only accession that the Roman empire received was the province of Britain.
To make a record of (additions to a collection).
The act of producing, making or creating something.
The act of bringing something forward, out etc. for use or consideration.
* 1910 , , "The Lost Sanjak", Reginald in Russia :
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
the act of being produced
- I tramped to a neighbouring market-town, and, late as the hour was, the production of a few shillings procured me supper and a night's lodging in a cheap coffee-house.
the total amount produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
the presentation of a theatrical work
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- He made a simple meal into a huge production .
The act of lengthening out or prolonging.
- This is the final production model.
* production line