Evaluate vs Probe - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between evaluate and probe
is that evaluate
is to draw conclusions from examining; to assess while probe
to draw conclusions from examining; to assess
(mathematics) to compute or determine the value of (an expression)
- It will take several years to evaluate the material gathered in the survey.
To return or have a specific value.
* 2006 , Lev Sabinin, Larissa Sbitneva, Ivan Shestakov, Non-Associative Algebra and Its Applications , CRC Press (ISBN 9780824726690), page 201
- Evaluate this polynomial.
* 2007 , James E. Gentle, Matrix Algebra: Theory, Computations, and Applications in Statistics , Springer Science & Business Media (ISBN 9780387708720), page 165
- Since element (15.1) evaluates' to an element of the center in any alternative algebra, (15.1) has to ' evaluate to a scalar multiple of the identity element of the Cayley-Dickson algebra.
- In one type of such an integral, the integrand is only the probability density function, and the integral evaluates to a probability, which of course is a scalar.
(surgery) Any of various medical instruments used to explore wounds, organs, etc.
(figuratively) Something which penetrates something else, as though to explore; something which obtains information.
An act of probing; a prod, a poke.
(figuratively) An investigation or inquiry.
(aeronautics) A tube attached to an aircraft which can be fitted into the drogue from a tanker aircraft to allow for aerial refuelling.
(sciences) A small device, especially an electrode, used to explore, investigate or measure something by penetrating or being placed in it.
- They launched a probe into the cause of the accident.
(astronautics) A small, usually unmanned, spacecraft used to acquire information or measurements about its surroundings.
(game of go) a move with multiple answers seeking to make the opponent choose and commit to a strategy
- Insert the probe into the soil and read the temperature.
* (game of go ) yosu-miru
(intransitive) To explore, investigate, or question
- If you probe further, you may discover different reasons.
To insert a probe into.
- the growing disposition to probe the legality of all acts of the crown