As a noun taxonomy
is the science or the technique used to make a classification.
As an adverb pressingly is
with a sense of urgency, because it is very important.
The science or the technique used to make a classification.
A classification; especially , a classification in a hierarchical system.
(taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
* alpha taxonomy
* folk taxonomy
* scientific taxonomy
With a sense of urgency, because it is very important.
* 1998 , Lyman Copeland Draper, The Life of Daniel Boone , p.310
Importantly. Often used with more in this sense.
- I wrote pressingly to Mr. Boone to raise men with all expedition to join capt. Floyd.
With enthusiasm. With friendly encouragement.
* 2001 , April 10, Gillian Healey in , Managing to cope
- Why would you do that on a date, and why, more pressingly , would you do that at the beginning of a date?
- In early 1993, further education staff were pressingly invited to seminars, workshops and training days to prepare for liberation from the local education authorities.