Conservative vs Preservation - What's the difference?
As a proper noun conservative
is conservative party.
As a noun preservation is
A person who favors maintenance of the status quo or reversion to some earlier status.
(US, economics) A fiscal conservative
(US, politics) A political conservative
(US, social sciences) A social conservative.
* moderate, liberal, progressive, libertarian, centrist
Tending to resist change or innovation.
Based on pessimistic assumptions.
- The curriculum committee at this university is extremely conservative .
(US, economics, politics, social sciences) Supporting some combination of fiscal, political or social conservatism.
(US, politics) Relating to the Republican Party, regardless of its conservatism.
(British, politics) Relating to the Conservative Party.
* 1830 , Quarterly Rev.
- At a conservative estimate, growth may even be negative next year.
(physics, notcomp) Neither creating nor destroying a given quantity.
Having power to preserve in a safe or entire state, or from loss, waste, or injury; preservative.
- We have always been conscientiously attached to what is called the Tory, and which might with more propriety be called the Conservative , party.
The act of preserving; care to preserve; act of keeping from destruction, decay or any ill.
* William Shakespeare, Henry VIII
* Ecclesiastes. xxxiv. 16
- Nature does not require''
''Her times of preservation, which, perforce''
''I give my tendence to
- The eyes of the Lord are upon them that love him, his is ther mighty protection, a preservation from stumbling, and a help from falling.
- Every seneseless thing by nature's light''
''Doth preservation seek, destruction shun
- Our allwise maker has put into man the uneasiness of hunger, thirst and other natural desires, to determine their wills for the preservation of themselves, and the continuation of their species.