Bodybuilder vs Posedown - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between bodybuilder and posedown
is that bodybuilder
is while posedown
is (bodybuilding) the final part of a competition in which two or more bodybuilders pose freestyle on stage side-by-side, rather than individually.
(bodybuilding): A person who uses diet and exercise to build an aesthetically muscular physique, in order to compete in bodybuilding.
* 1964 "Muscles are his business", Ebony ? (Dec.) 20 (2): 148
* 1974 — Charles Gaines & George Butler, Pumping Iron: The Art and Sport of Bodybuilding , ch 2
- Physique of powerful bodybuilder (below) is like piece of sculpture. Buffs strive for the well-rounded body, disdain the professional weightlifter, who merely develops a number of very specialized muscles.
* 1991 — Samuel Wilson Fussell, Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder , ch 4
- Because it is necessary for a muscle to rest while it grows and because of the importance of balanced development, most competitive bodybuilders train on a split routine; they work certain parts of the body one day and rest those muscles the next while they work the others, alternating like that six days a week.
- In the competitions, bodybuilders go through "mandatories"—a set of mandatory poses—in the morning, where the judges compare the body parts of the builders.
(bodybuilding) The final part of a competition in which two or more bodybuilders pose freestyle on stage side-by-side, rather than individually.
* 1988', Steve Holman, "Christian Conquers Columbus", '''' ' 47 (6): 28-34.
- The real reason for these subdued responses was the fact that the audience knew it would be a fight to the finish; they were saving their screams for the posedown festivities to come.