Pollack vs Polack - What's the difference?
| Alternative forms
Pollack is an alternative form of polack.
As nouns the difference between pollack and polack
is that pollack
is while polack
* Polak, Pollack, Pollock, Polock
A Pole, or person of Polish descent.
* c.'' 1600 ,
- which to him appear'd / to be a preparation against the Polack . - Act II, Scene ii, line 63
- So levied as before against the Pollack . - Act II, Scene ii, line 75
- Why, then the Polack never will defend it. - Act IV, Scene iv, line 23
* The term was used neutrally through the late nineteenth century, but is today considered an ethnic slur.
* (person of Polish descent) Pole, Polish person