Like plush; soft and shaggy.
*1970 , John Glassco, Memoirs of Montparnasse , New York 2007, p. 101:
*:one saw and felt a vanished Broadway, plains covered with cattle and cowboys, jungles and native villages, and a great shining city of hansom-cabs, political intrigue and plushy champagne-suppers, as if one were walking through them oneself in the company of a superb raconteur and inspired liar.
(UK) Very extravagant.
(UK) Very expensive, or appearing expensive.
(of a man-made object) Having a soft, fluffy exterior.
- They lived in a plush apartment complex.
- This plush toy is so cute and soft - I want it!
A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=Mr. Cooke had had a sloop?yacht built at Far Harbor, the completion of which had been delayed, and which was but just delivered. […] The Maria had a cabin, which was finished in hard wood and yellow plush
, and accommodations for keeping things cold.}}
* 1922 , (Margery Williams), (The Velveteen Rabbit)
A (type of) child's toy, usually an animal, filled with soft material.
* 2002 , Billboard (volume 114, number 9, 2 March 2002, page 70)
- That night the Boy slept in a different bedroom, and he had a new bunny to sleep with him. It was a splendid bunny, all white plush with real glass eyes, but the Boy was too excited to care very much about it.
* 2008 , Lionel Birglen, Thierry Laliberté, Clément M. Gosselin, Underactuated Robotic Hands (page 94)
- When Play Along — the holder of the Care Bears master toy license — placed Care Bears plushes in Spencer Gifts last year, tweens and teenage girls bought the toys.
* 2011 , Bob Sehlinger, Menasha Ridge, Len Testa, The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2012 (page 759)
- For a small fee, the player can control a crane equipped with a gripper to pick a gift, usually a plush or a small toy, and has to drop it in a place where he/she can grab it.
- L.A. Prop Cinema Storage, full of kids' clothing (mostly for girls), PJs, and lots of toys and plushes (there's also a substantial infant area).
* plush toy