Rapacious is a synonym of plunderous.
As adjectives the difference between rapacious and plunderous
is that rapacious
is voracious; avaricious while plunderous
is by nature or otherwise characteristically tending to plunder.
* 1787 , :
Given to taking by force or plundering; aggressively greedy.
* 1910 , :
- To presume a want of motives for such contests [of power between states] as an argument against their existence, would be to forget that men are ambitious, vindictive, and rapacious .
Subsisting off live prey.
* 1827 , :
- A Prince [...] sooner becomes hated by being rapacious and by interfering with the property and with the women of his subjects, than in any other way.
- Even the rapacious birds appeared to comprehend the nature of the ceremony, for [...] they once more began to make their airy circuits above the place [...]
* The use of this term for animals other than birds is dated.
* See also
By nature or otherwise characteristically tending to plunder.
- Piracy is an utterly plunderous business