Placation vs Planation - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between placation and planation
is that placation
is a process or act of placating; appeasement or an expression of appeasement while planation
is (geology) the formation of a flat surface by erosion and deposition.
A process or act of placating; appeasement or an expression of appeasement.
* 1888 , "Manners and meals," Science , vol. 12, no. 283,
* 1917 , , Jerry of the Islands , ch. 7:
- The refusal, at certain times and seasons, of food that in itself is hygienically good and palatable, in placation of a deity, or, without further explanation, to avoid bad luck, is well known among the lower tribes of men.
* 2006 , Dan DeWalt, "
- Instead, Jerry was all placation and appeal, all softness of pleading.
Impeachment is too important to leave to the Democrats," OpEdNews.com , 14 May (retrieved 8 Aug. 2009):
- While these political sellout artists have been intoning their mind numbing placations , citizens across the nation have been speaking and acting.
* placative, placatory
(geology) The formation of a flat surface by erosion and deposition.
(biology) The morphological transformation of a three-dimensional structure into a two-dimensional one through development or evolution.