As nouns the difference between industrialist and philanthropist
is that industrialist
is a person involved in the ownership or management of an industrial enterprise while philanthropist
is a person who loves humankind in general.
A person involved in the ownership or management of an industrial enterprise.
* 2004 , Douglas Pratt, Doug Pratt's DVD
One who performs or enjoys industrial music.
* 2013 , S. Alexander Reed, Assimilate: A Critical History of Industrial Music (page 174)
- Brian Donlevy is a wealthy industrialist who survives an attempted murder when his wife's boyfriend is killed in a car crash.
- Like a lot of second-wave industrialists , Skinny Puppy's attraction to rhythm wasn't consciously political, but based in the pleasure of making and moving to a beat; Key was, after all, a drummer.
A person who loves humankind in general.
A very generous person or institution.
* altruism (strong like of human race)
* misanthropy (hatred of human race)
* misandry (hatred of males)
* misogyny (hatred of females)
* philanthropic (loving human race)
* philandry (love of males)
* philogyny (love of females)