(chiefly, AU, NZ, UK) Petroleum, a fluid consisting of a mixture of refined petroleum hydrocarbons, primarily consisting of octane, commonly used as a motor fuel.
* 1987 October 29, Advertisement, ,
* 2000 September 27, Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the 106th Congress, Second Session , Volume 146, Part 14,
- We were the first company to introduce unleaded petrol in Britain, opening our first pump in June 1986.
* 2003 , S. Srinivasan, Automotive Mechanics , Tata McGraw Hill, India, 2nd Edition,
- European oil firms are beginning to follow the example of their American counterparts by adding convenience stores to their pumps: the typical American petrol station now makes some 40 percent of its profits from the sale of non-oil products, such as cigarettes and beer.
* 2006 February 10, Kenya Gazette ,
- At a crank angle 6° before the TDC, the electric spark ignites the petrol mixture.
* 2006 August, Economic Scenario'', '' ,
- He also admitted that when big trucks bring in petrol , they park along Langata Road.
* 2008 , Robin Stonecash, Joshua Gans, Stephen King, Gregory Mankiw, Principles of Macroeconomics , Cengage Learning Australia,
- The increase in rates comes just a few days after India raised petrol prices by 9-2% and diesel prices by 6-6% which boosed inflation expectations in Indian economy.
- Most major Australian cities receive their petrol from a single refinery.
* (US) gasoline, gas
* petrol bomb
* petrol station
* petrol tank
any flammable petroleum distillate used as a solvent or fuel