Deprave vs Pervert - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between deprave and pervert
is that deprave
is while pervert
is to turn another way; to divert.
As a noun pervert is
(dated) one who has been perverted; one who has turned to error; one who has turned to a twisted sense of values or morals.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To speak ill of; to depreciate; to malign; to revile
To make bad or worse; to vitiate; to corrupt
(dated) One who has been perverted; one who has turned to error; one who has turned to a twisted sense of values or morals.
A person whose sexual habits are not considered acceptable.
- Those perverts were trying to spy on us while we changed clothes!
* In contemporary usage, pervert is usually understood to refer to a sexually perverted person. Traditionally the word was mainly associated with persons of false religious beliefs.
* (sexually perverted person) deviant, perv (slang)
* convert (religious)
To turn another way; to divert.
To turn from truth, rectitude, or propriety; to divert from a right use, end, or way; to lead astray; to corrupt.
- Let's follow him, and pervert the present wrath.
- He, in the serpent, had perverted Eve.
, date=April 15
, title=Morning swoop in hunt for Jodi's killer
, work=The Scotsman
, passage=A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We can confirm that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of Jodi Jones. A 45-year-old has also been arrested in connection with allegations of attempting to pervert
the course of justice. A report on this has been sent to the procurator fiscal." }}
To misapply; to misinterpret designedly.
To become perverted; to take the wrong course.
- pervert one's words
- (Testament of Love)
* (turn another way) divert, steer, veer
* corrupt, lead astray
* misapply, misuse
* (take the wrong course)