As an adjective hasty
is acting in haste; being too hurried or quick (eg without much thinking about it they made a hasty decision to buy it
As a verb persist is
to go on stubbornly or resolutely.
Acting in haste; being too hurried or quick. (e.g. Without much thinking about it they made a hasty decision to buy it. )
To go on stubbornly or resolutely.
To repeat an utterance.
To continue to exist.
(computing) To cause to persist; make permanent.
* 2006 , Marco Bellinaso, ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming
* 2009 , Alistair Croll, Sean Power, Complete Web Monitoring
- This would not be saved after his session terminates because we don't have an actual user identity to allow us to persist the settings.
- While hashtags aren't formally part of Twitter, some clients, such as Tweetdeck, will persist hashtags across replies to create a sort of message threading.
* (go on stubbornly or resolutely) persevere, see also
* (continue to exist) last, remain
* persistence / persistency
(cognate terms using -sist)