Exists vs Persist - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between exists and persist
is that exists
) while persist
is to go on stubbornly or resolutely.
to be; have existence; have being or reality
* 2012 , The Unicode Consortium, The Unicode Standard: Version 6.1 – Core Specification , ISBN 978-1-936213-02-3, page 12:
* 2012 , The Unicode Consortium, The Unicode Standard: Version 6.1 – Core Specification , ISBN 978-1-936213-02-3, page 19:
- Various relationships may exist between character and glyph:
* 2012 , The Unicode Consortium, The Unicode Standard: Version 6.1 – Core Specification , ISBN 978-1-936213-02-3, page 55:
- , regardless of whether those characters also existed in other character encoding standards.
- , which will be treated either as an update of the existing character encoding or as a completely new character encoding.
To go on stubbornly or resolutely.
To repeat an utterance.
To continue to exist.
(computing) To cause to persist; make permanent.
* 2006 , Marco Bellinaso, ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming
* 2009 , Alistair Croll, Sean Power, Complete Web Monitoring
- This would not be saved after his session terminates because we don't have an actual user identity to allow us to persist the settings.
- While hashtags aren't formally part of Twitter, some clients, such as Tweetdeck, will persist hashtags across replies to create a sort of message threading.
* (go on stubbornly or resolutely) persevere, see also
* (continue to exist) last, remain
* persistence / persistency
(cognate terms using -sist)