Blessing vs Permission - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between blessing and permission
is that blessing
is some kind of divine or supernatural aid, or reward while permission
is authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority).
Some kind of divine or supernatural aid, or reward.
A pronouncement invoking divine aid.
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=Then everybody once more knelt, and soon the blessing
was pronounced. The choir and the clergy trooped out slowly, […], down the nave to the western door. […] At a seemingly immense distance the surpliced group stopped to say the last prayer.}}
(paganism) A modern pagan ceremony.
The act of declaring or bestowing favor; approval.
A thing one is glad of.
A prayer before a meal; grace.
A group of unicorns.
* 2008 , Betsy Schiffman, "
Time To Trash the Intellectual Property System, Says Report", Wired , 11 September 2008:
* 2009 , Andrew Orlowski, "
- And since we’re laying out our wishes, we’d also like a blessing of unicorns and one million dollars.
Facebook music dashboard: Revenue at last?", The Register , 13 September 2011:
* 2011 , Suzette Mayr, Monoceros , Coach House Books (2011), ISBN 9781552452417,
- Then a blessing of unicorns charged into the studio, and I was carried away to be re-educated.
- She just wants to talk to her friends on www.unicornwillsaveus.com or write in her journal or flump on her bedroom floor with her blessing of unicorns: her posters, figurines, stickers, temporary tattoos of anatomically correct unicorns.
* blessing in disguise
* count one's blessings
* mixed blessing
authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority)
The act of permitting.
(computing) flags or access control lists pertaining to a file that dictate who can access it, and how.
- Sire, do I have your permission to execute this traitor?
- I used the "chmod" command to change the file's permission .
* planning permission