As nouns the difference between audacity and permission
is that audacity
is insolent boldness, especially when imprudent or unconventional while permission
is authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority).
Insolent boldness, especially when imprudent or unconventional.
- The brash private had the audacity to criticize the general.
Fearlessness, intrepid daring.
- Somebody never pays his loans, yet he has the audacity to ask the bank for money.
* (insolent boldness) audaciousness, outdaciousness, temerity
authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority)
The act of permitting.
(computing) flags or access control lists pertaining to a file that dictate who can access it, and how.
- Sire, do I have your permission to execute this traitor?
- I used the "chmod" command to change the file's permission .
* planning permission