Permanent vs Permathread - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between permanent and permathread
is that permanent
is a chemical hair treatment imparting or removing curliness, whose effects typically last for a period of weeks; a perm while permathread
is (internet|slang) a permanent or perennial thread of discussion.
As an adjective permanent
is without end, eternal.
As a verb permanent
is (dated) to perm (the hair).
Without end, eternal.
Lasting for an indefinitely long time.
- Nothing in this world is truly permanent .
- The countries are now locked in a permanent state of conflict.
* impermanent, temporary
* permanent marker
* permanent wave
* permanent way
A chemical hair treatment imparting or removing curliness, whose effects typically last for a period of weeks; a perm.
* 1943 , (Raymond Chandler), The High Window , Penguin 2005, p. 8:
(linear algebra, combinatorics) Given an matrix , the sum over all permutations of .
- She had pewter-coloured hair set in a ruthless permanent , a hard beak and large moist eyes with the sympathetic expression of wet stones.
(dated) To perm (the hair).
(Internet, slang) A permanent or perennial thread of discussion.
* 2003 , "jbritt", von Rossum on Strong vs. Weak Typing'' (discussion on Internet newsgroup ''comp.lang.ruby )
* 2003 , "David Megginson", Studying up on VOR's'' (discussion on Internet newsgroup ''rec.aviation.student )
- Since this is something of a permathread on this list I though (SIC) this would be of interest:
- I suspect that this is a permathread .