As nouns the difference between perennial and permathread
is that perennial
is a perennial plant; a plant that is active throughout the year or survives for more than two growing seasons compare (annual
) while permathread
is (internet|slang) a permanent or perennial thread of discussion.
As an adjective perennial
is lasting or remaining active throughout the year, or all the time.
Lasting or remaining active throughout the year, or all the time.
(botany, of a plant) Having a life cycle of more than two years. Compare (annual), (biennial).
(figuratively) Continuing without cessation or intermission; perpetual; permanent; unceasing; never failing.
* 1790 ,
- a perennial stream
(figuratively) Enduring; lasting; timeless.
- The perennial existence of bodies corporate and their fortunes are things particularly suited to a man who has long views…
(figuratively) Recurrent; appearing or recurring again and again.
- His artwork has a perennial beauty.
- Change is a perennial theme in politics.
A perennial plant; a plant that is active throughout the year or survives for more than two growing seasons. Compare (annual), (biennial).
(Internet, slang) A permanent or perennial thread of discussion.
* 2003 , "jbritt", von Rossum on Strong vs. Weak Typing'' (discussion on Internet newsgroup ''comp.lang.ruby )
* 2003 , "David Megginson", Studying up on VOR's'' (discussion on Internet newsgroup ''rec.aviation.student )
- Since this is something of a permathread on this list I though (SIC) this would be of interest:
- I suspect that this is a permathread .