Cube vs Pentacube - What's the difference?
As a verb cube
As a noun pentacube is
(mathematics) a polycube composed of five cubes.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) .
(geometry) A regular polyhedron having six identical square faces.
Any object more or less in the form of a cube.
- a sugar cube
(mathematics) The third power of a number, value, term or expression.
- a stock cube
(computing) A data structure consisting of a three-dimensional array; a data cube
- the cube of 2 is 8
* regular hexahedron (rare)
* (object in the form of a cube) block, brick, die, square block
* (number raised to the third power) third power
* hexahedron, cuboid
(arithmetic) To raise to the third power; to determine the result of multiplying by itself twice.
To form into the shape of a cube.
To cut into cubes.
- Three cubed can be written as 33, and equals twenty-seven.
(UK) to use a Rubik's cube.
- Cube the ham right after adding the curry to the rice.
- He likes to cube now and then.
* (to cut into cubes) dice
* bath cube
* bouillon cube
* cube candle
* cube out
* cube root
* cube steak
* cube van
* ice cube
* Rubik's cube
* snub cube
* stock cube
* sugar cube
* line segment
Clipped form of (cubicle) (with intentional reference to their common shape per ), which from (etyl) .
A cubicle, especially one of those found in offices.
- My co-worker annoys me by throwing things over the walls of my cube .
(mathematics) A polycube composed of five cubes