* paederast (British)
A man who is engaged in an erotic relationship with an adolescent boy; a practitioner of pederasty.
* The term pederast'' has sometimes been incorrectly used to describe men sexually involved with pre-pubescent girls, or child-rapists who don't have any ongoing relationship with the child. For an adult fixated on only sexual involvement with prepubescent children, or for heterosexual child-eroticism, ''pedophile is used instead.
* paedophilia (British)
Sexual or erotic feelings or desires directed by adults and late adolescents towards children; particularly, in psychiatry, a paraphilia consisting of a primary adult sexual attraction to prepubescent children.
* 2004 , Ronald J. Comer, Fundamentals of abnormal psychology , page 341:
* 2007 , Margaret Mary Wright, Judicial decision making in child sexual abuse cases , page 122:
- Some people with pedophilia are attracted only to children; others are attracted to adults as well (APA, 2000, 1994).
* 2009 , Ann Kring, Sheri Johnson, Gerald C. Davison, Abnormal Psychology :
- As noted earlier, pedophilia' was cited as both an aggravating and a mitigating circumstance by trial judges, as was the absence of ' pedophilia .
Sexual activity between adults and (prepubescent) children.
* 1998 , Andrew L. Kaufman, Cardozo (ISBN 0674096452), page 25:
- Sometimes a man with pedophilia is content to stroke the child's hair, but he may also manipulate the child's genitalia, [...]
* 2005 , Carol Weiss Lewis, Stuart Gilman, The ethics challenge in public service: a problem-solving guide , page 88:
- Fifteen months later, a committee of the congregation found that he had sexually abused several boys within the congregation. The fact that Alger committed pedophilia at the age of thirty-four casts a shadow over his subsequent yearning for relationships with boys and young men, but there is no evidence of any later misconduct.
* 2009 , Nancy Cavender, Howard Kahane, Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life , page 309:
- Entire books have been written about the role of scandal in US politics (Garment, 1992). Offenses include smoking marijuana, hiring illegal aliens, plagiarizing, sexually harassing others, engaging in pedophilia , [...]
- It's quite another (a bad idea) to expect amateurs to figure out who is telling the truth about Iraq, or which priests have committed pedophilia .
* childlove (euphemistic)