Connection vs Participation - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Connection is a related term of participation.
As nouns the difference between connection and participation
is that connection
is (uncountable) the act of connecting while participation
is the act or process of participating.
* connexion , (abbreviation)
(uncountable) The act of connecting.
The point at which two or more things are connected.
- the connection between overeating and obesity
- My headache has no connection with me going out last night.
, date=April 15
, title=Morning swoop in hunt for Jodi's killer
, work=The Scotsman
, passage=A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We can confirm that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of Jodi Jones. A 45-year-old has also been arrested in connection
with allegations of attempting to pervert the course of justice. A report on this has been sent to the procurator fiscal." }}
A feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people.
An established communications or transportation link.
- As we were the only people in the room to laugh at the joke, I felt a connection between us.
- computers linked by a network connection
(transport) A transfer from one transportation vehicle to another in scheduled transportation service
- I was talking to him, but there was lightning and we lost the connection .
A kinship relationship between people.
- The bus was late so he missed his connection at Penn Station and had to wait six hours for the next train.
the act or process of participating
the state of being related to a larger whole
the process during which individuals, groups and organizations are consulted about or have the opportunity to become actively involved in a project or program of activity.
An ownership interest or profit-sharing right.