Participation vs Participated - What's the difference?
As a noun participation
is the act or process of participating.
As a verb participated is
the act or process of participating
the state of being related to a larger whole
the process during which individuals, groups and organizations are consulted about or have the opportunity to become actively involved in a project or program of activity.
An ownership interest or profit-sharing right.
To join in, to take part, to involve oneself ((in) something).
(obsolete) To share, share in (something).
* 1638 , , Some Yeares Travels , I:
(obsolete) To share (something) (with) others; to transfer (something) (to) or (unto) others.
* 1662 , Thomas Salusbury, Galileo's Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief Systems of the World , II:
- they seldome feed together, lest they might participate one anothers impurity: each has his owne cup [...].
- Make the Earth [...] turn round its own axis in twenty four hours, and towards the same point with all the other Spheres; and without participating this same motion to any other Planet or Star.
(obsolete) Acting in common; participating.
* 1608 , , I. i. 101:
- And, mutually participate , did minister / Unto the appetite and affection common / Of the whole body.