As adjectives the difference between various and parsimonious
is that various
is having a broad range (of different elements) while parsimonious
is exhibiting parsimony; sparing in expenditure of money; frugal to excess; penurious; niggardly; stingy.
As a determiner various
is more than one (of an indeterminate set of things).
More than one (of an indeterminate set of things).
- Various books have been taken.
- There are various ways to fix the problem.
- You have broken various of the rules.
Having a broad range (of different elements).
- The reasons are various .
Exhibiting parsimony; sparing in expenditure of money; frugal to excess; penurious; niggardly; stingy.
Using a minimal number of assumptions, steps, or conjectures.
* Kiplinger's Personal Finance , January 2002
- The first three college-savings plans stand out for their parsimonious expenses...
- Statistical methods offer the ability to enforce parsimonious selection of the most influential potential predictors of each gene's state.
* See also