Pagan vs Nicolaitan - What's the difference?
Relating to, characteristic of or adhering to non-Abrahamist religions, especially earlier polytheism.
(by extension, pejorative) Savage, immoral, uncivilized, wild.
- ''Many converted societies transformed their pagan deities into saints.
* When referring to modern paganism, the term is now often capitalized, like other terms referring to religions.
* (religion) heathenish
* (civilisation) barbarian, barbaric (pejorative)
* (religion) Abrahamist, Judeo-Christian
A person not adhering to any major or recognized religion, especially a heathen or non-Abrahamist, follower of a pantheistic or nature-worshipping religion, neopagan.
(by extension) (perjoritive, politically incorrect ) An uncivilized or unsocialized person
(perjoritive, politically incorrect ) Especially an unruly, badly educated child.
- This community has a surprising number of pagans .
* (heathen) paynim
* (uncivilised) philistine, savage
* (child) brat
A member of an early Christian sect, said to participate in certain pagan ceremonies.
- But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans', which also I hate....So hast thou also them that hold to the doctrine of the ' Nicolaitans .