Flux vs Outflux - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between flux and outflux
is that flux
is the act of flowing; a continuous moving on or passing by, as of a flowing stream while outflux
is that which exits (the flux out of a defined zone).
As verbs the difference between flux and outflux
is that flux
is to use flux while outflux
is to exit out of a defined zone.
As an adjective flux
is flowing; unstable; inconstant; variable.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The act of flowing; a continuous moving on or passing by, as of a flowing stream.
A state of ongoing change.
- By the perpetual flux of the liquids, a great part of them is thrown out of the body.
- The schedule is in flux at the moment.
- Her image has escaped the flux of things, / And that same infant beauty that she wore / Is fixed upon her now forevermore.
A chemical agent for cleaning metal prior to soldering or welding.
- Languages, like our bodies, are in a continual flux .
(physics) The rate of transfer of energy (or another physical quantity) through a given surface, specifically electric flux, magnetic flux.
- It is important to use flux when soldering or oxides on the metal will prevent a good bond.
(archaic) A disease which causes diarrhea, especially dysentery.
(archaic) diarrhea or other fluid discharge from the body
The state of being liquid through heat; fusion.
- That high a neutron flux would be lethal in seconds.
* (state of ongoing change) stasis
* black flux
* electric flux
* luminous flux
* magnetic flux
* white flux
To use flux.
To flow as a liquid.
- You have to flux the joint before soldering.
Flowing; unstable; inconstant; variable.
* a'' 1677 , (Isaac Barrow), "On Contentment", Sermon XL, in ''The Theological Works , Volume 2, Clarendon Press, 1818,
- The flux nature of all things here.
To exit out of a defined zone.
That which exits (the flux out of a defined zone)