Outburst vs Explode - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between outburst and explode
is that outburst
is to burst out while explode
is to create an explosion, usually resulting in the destruction of an intended target.
As a noun outburst
is a sudden, violent expression of emotion or activity.
To burst out.
a sudden, often violent expression of emotion or activity.
- The man let out an outburst of invective
* asplode, esplode (all non-standard)
To destroy with an explosion.
To destroy violently or abruptly.
- The assassin exploded the car by means of a car bomb.
To create an exploded view.
- They sought to explode the myth.
(archaic) To disprove or debunk.
*, II, 344
- Explode the assembly drawing so that all the fasteners are visible.
To blast, to blow up, to burst, to detonate, to go off.
- Astrology is required by many famous physiciansdoubted of, and exploded by others.
(figuratively) To make a violent or emotional outburst.
- The bomb explodes .
* 1902 , Albert R. Carman, “My Bridal Trip” (short story), in The Canadian Magazine , Volume 20, Number 1 (November 1902),
- She exploded when I criticised her hat.
(computing, programming, PHP) To break (a delimited string of text) into several smaller strings by removing the separators.
* 2004 , Hugh E. Williams, ?David Lane, Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL
- “Nonsense!” Jack exploded at me. “Why Miss Bertram here knocked that theory into a cocked hat coming over on the train.”
To decompress (data) that was previously imploded.
* 1992 , "Steve Tibbett", PKZIP Implode compression/decompression.'' (on newsgroup ''comp.compression )
- The third check uses the exploded data stored in the array $parts and the function checkdate() to test if the date is a valid calendar date.
- I'm looking for some code that will implode data using the PKZIP method.. and explode it. PKWare sells an object that you can link with that does the job, and we have licensed this, but we are now writing 32 bit code for MS-DOS and the PKWare stuff won't work