Outboard vs Seagulling - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between outboard and seagulling
is that outboard
is an outboard motor while seagulling
is the practice, in ).
As a adjective outboard
is situated outside the hull of a vessel.
As a verb seagulling is
Situated outside the hull of a vessel.
Positioned away from the centre line of a ship or aircraft.
An outboard motor.
A vessel fitted with an outboard motor.
A studio having outboard gear (compressor, equalizer, etc.).
The practice, in ).
* 2009 , Steve Hepburn, "
Rugby: Oval ball gazing for 2011 World Cup", Otago Daily Times , 28 December 2009:
The practice of using a outboard.
- Jack has to cut out the seagulling and get in and do the dirty work.
* 2011 , Martine Purssell, "
- I'm going take the boat out and do some seagulling .
News From Bermuda - 2011 R. I. S. R", The Gull , September 2011:
* 2012 , "
- The Seagull and Heineken gods were with us — what a wonderful day weather wise — an ideal Seagulling race day — winds were light — and crossing the harbour to Sandys Boat Club at 7.15am the water was glassy.
Camden Sutherland's 'Waikato Bullet Boat'", The Gull , March 2012:
The practice of working as a non-union casual stevedore.
* 1995 , Bryan Gould, Goodbye to All That , Macmillan (1995), ISBN 0-333-63800X,
- It isn't often young people get involved in Seagulling , never mind build their own boat to do so.
* 1997 , Phillip Knightley, A Hack's Progress , J. Cape (1997), ISBN 9780224043991,
- Sometimes I went down to the Wellington wharves for what was called 'seagulling' , where I joined a crowd of other men just before 8 a.m., hoping to be given the nod for a day's work.
* 2001 , Archie Green, Torching the Fink Books and Other Essays on Vernacular Culture , University of North Carolina Press (2001), ISBN 9780807826058,
- After two months there was a lull on the waterfront, seagulling declined, and I had to seek another job. By this time my hands were hard and I actually looked like a labourer, so the New Zealand Posts and Telegraph department took me on as a linesman.
- As a young shipwright, I heard old timers warn me against seagulling or bypassing the union hall while seeking work.