* 1984 , Gus Adendorff, Hilary Rennie, Wild Company ,
* 1990 , Mike Nicol, The Powers That Be ,
- The Africans have often mentioned to me that a honeybadger (shidzidzi ) when cornered, will stand his ground against any living thing and give a good account of himself into the bargain.
* 2006 , , Murder, HE Wrote: A Successful Writer?s Life ,
- ‘Don?t any of you come sneaking around or you?ll feel the size of my fist and a length of sjambok across your bums, ja,’ he shouted, shaking fist and whip; then charged down the boards with the look of an angry honeybadger so that the fisherfolk scattered like gulls.
- There were two major projects I was expected to throw myself into with the zeal of a cornered honeybadger .