Sagittarius vs Orion - What's the difference?
As proper nouns the difference between sagittarius and orion
is that sagittarius
is while orion
* (genus) Aves - class; Saurornithes - informal group; Ornithothoraces, Ornithurae - clades; Carinatae - subclass; Neornithes - infraclass; Neognathae - parvclass; Accipitriformes - order; Sagittariidae - family
* (genus) Sagittarius serpentarius - sole species
(en proper noun
(Greek mythology) A giant-hunter, pursuer of the Pleiades and lover of Eos, and killed by Artemis.
(constellation) A constellation on the celestial equator close to Gemini and Taurus, containing the stars Betelgeuse and Rigel.
of modern usage.
* 1980 (Wright Morris), Plains Song, for Female Voices , Harper&Row, ISBN 0060130474, page 113:
A ghost hamlet in Alberta, Canada
A ghost town in California
A commune in France
A village in Illinois
A municipality in Bataan, the Philippines
A town in Wisconsin
- In Madge's judgment, her Uncle Orion had suffered most of his life from the name he'd been given, requiring that people ask him to repeat it and boys his own age make fun of it.
* (constellation) the Hunter, ensifer
* Orion's Belt
* Orion Nebula