Balloon vs Orange - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between balloon and orange
is that balloon
is to increase or expand rapidly while orange
As a noun balloon
is an inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
As an adjective orange is
An inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
Such an object as a child’s toy.
Such an object designed to transport people through the air.
(medicine) A sac inserted into part of the body for therapeutic reasons; such as angioplasty.
A speech bubble.
A type of glass cup, sometimes used for brandy.
(architecture) A ball or globe on the top of a pillar, church, etc.
(chemistry) A round vessel, usually with a short neck, to hold or receive whatever is distilled; a glass vessel of a spherical form.
(pyrotechnics) A bomb or shell.
A game played with a large inflated ball.
(engraving) The outline enclosing words represented as coming from the mouth of a pictured figure.
- the balloon of St. Paul's Cathedral in London
* (inflatable object)
* toy balloon
* (transport) hot-air balloon, Montgolfier
* (in medicine)
* (speech bubble) speech bubble, fumetto
* barrage balloon
* balloon animal
* balloon barrage
* balloon clock
* balloon club
* balloon flower
* balloon sail
* balloon tyre
* balloon vine
* go down like a lead balloon
* hot-air balloon
* pilot balloon
* trial balloon
* weather balloon
* when the balloon goes up
To increase or expand rapidly.
- His stomach ballooned from eating such a large meal.
To go up or voyage in a balloon.
To take up in, or as if in, a balloon.
- Prices will balloon if we don't act quickly.
* It is commonly believed that “orange” has no rhymes. While there are no commonly used English dictionary words that rhyme exactly with “orange” (“door-hinge” comes close in US pronunciation), the English surname Gorringe is a rhyme, at least in UK pronunciation. See
An evergreen tree of the genus Citrus'' such as ''Citrus sinensis .
The fruit of an orange tree; a citrus fruit with a slightly sour flavour.
The colour of a ripe fruit of an orange tree, midway between red and yellow.
Orange juice, or orange coloured and flavoured cordial.
Having the colour of the fruit of an orange tree; yellowred; reddish-yellow.
* (having orange as its colour) nonorange
To color orange.
To become orange.
* satsuma mandarin
* satsuma tangerine
* secondary colour
* triple sec