As nouns the difference between optimization and simulation
is that optimization
is the design and operation of a system or process to make it as good as possible in some defined sense while simulation
is something which simulates a system or environment in order to predict actual behaviour''.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* optimization problem
* continuous optimization
* combinatorial optimization
* convex optimization
* discrete optimization
* global optimization
* stochastic optimization
* unconstrained optimization
* linear programming
Something which simulates a system or environment in order to predict actual behaviour.''
- This exercise is a simulation of actual battle conditions.
The process of simulating.
- The most reliable simulation predicts that the hurricane will turn north.
Assuming an appearance which is feigned, or not true.
(soccer) The act of falling over in order to be awarded a foul, when a foul hasn't been committed.
- Despite extensive simulation in the design phase, the aircraft failed to behave as expected.
* computer simulation