Strength vs Opportunities - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between strength and opportunities
is that strength
is the quality or degree of being strong while opportunities
As a verb strength
is (obsolete) to give strength to; to strengthen.
The quality or degree of being strong.
* (William Shakespeare) (1564-1616)
* , chapter=5
- Our castle's strength will laugh a siege to scorn.
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=He was thinking; but the glory of the song, the swell from the great organ, the clustered lights, […], the height and vastness of this noble fane, its antiquity and its strength
—all these things seemed to have their part as causes of the thrilling emotion that accompanied his thoughts.}}
The intensity of a force or power; potency.
* 1699 , ,
Heads designed for an essay on conversations
The strongest part of something; that on which confidence or reliance is based.
* Bible, (Psalms) xlvi. 1
- Study gives strength to the mind; conversation, grace: the first apt to give stiffness, the other suppleness: one gives substance and form to the statue, the other polishes it.
* (Jeremy Taylor) (1613–1677)
- God is our refuge and strength .
A positive attribute.
- Certainly there is not a greater strength against temptation.
(obsolete) A strong place; a stronghold.
* (The quality of being strong) weakness
* (A positive attribute) weakness
* bond strength
* compressive strength
* crushing strength
* dielectic strength
* fatigue strength
* field strength
* impact strength
* inner strength
* ionic strength
* party strength
* pillar of strength
* relative strength
* shear strength
* tensile strength
* tower of strength
* ultimate strength
* wet strength
* yield strength
(obsolete) To give strength to; to strengthen.
* 1395 , (John Wycliffe), Bible , Job IV:
- Lo! thou hast tau?t ful many men, and thou hast strengthid hondis maad feynt.