Operation vs Transaction - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between operation and transaction
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while transaction
is the act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans).
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
The act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans).
A deal or business agreement.
An exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
(finance) The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account.
(computing) An atomic operation; a message, data modification, or other procedure that is guaranteed to perform completely or not at all (e.g. a database transaction).
(especially in plural) A record of the proceedings of a learned society
* piece of the action