As nouns the difference between operation and rollback
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while rollback
is a return to a prior state.
As a verb rollback is
(nonstandard) to roll back.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
(nonstandard) To roll back.
A return to a prior state.
A withdrawal of military forces.
(computing) An operation which returns a database, or group of records in a database, to a previous state (normally to the previous commit point).
An event caused by a roller coaster failing to reach the top of a hill.
a form of flatbed truck adapted or designed specifically as a or for transporting other vehicles
* (form of flatbed truck) slide truck