Operation vs Mastermind - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between operation and mastermind
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while mastermind
is a person with an extraordinary intellect or skill that is markedly superior to his or her peers.
As a verb mastermind is
to act in the role of mastermind.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
A person with an extraordinary intellect or skill that is markedly superior to his or her peers.
*1840 , (Edgar Allan Poe), ‘The Colloquy of Monos and Una’:
*:At long intervals some master-minds appeared, looking upon each advance in practical science as a retro-gradation in the true utility.
, author=Steve Kemper
, title=Code Name Ginger: the Story Behind Segway and Dean Kamen's Quest to Invent a New World
, passage=His first outside hire wasn't an electronics whiz or a mechanical mastermind
, but a young industrial designer, a creature hitherto unknown at DEKA.}}
A person responsible for the highest level of planning and execution of a major operation.
, author=Mark S. Hamm
, title=Terrorism as Crime: from Oklahoma City to Al-Qaeda and Beyond
, passage=The first was with none other than Khalid Sheikh Mohammad (KSM), mastermind
of the 9/11 attacks.}}
To act in the role of mastermind.
, author=Kevin Danaher et al.
, title=Building the Green Economy: Success Stories from the Grassroots
, passage=It would later be revealed that the corporation contributed over a quarter of a million dollars to the effort—a whopping 93 percent of the total coffer—and hired a team of media and political experts to mastermind