Operation vs Interface - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between operation and interface
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while interface
is the point of interconnection between entities.
As a verb interface is
to construct an interface for, to connect through an interface.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
The point of interconnection between entities.
(chemistry, physics) A thin layer or boundary between different substances or two phases of a single substance.
- Public relations firms often serve as the interface between a company and the press.
- If water and oil are mixed together, they tend to separate, and at equilibrium they are in different strata with an oil-water interface in between.
(computing) The point of interconnection between systems or subsystems.
- The surface of a lake is a water-air interface .
(computing) The connection between a user and a machine.
- The data is sent over the air interface to the remote system.
(computing, object-oriented) The connection between parts of software.
- The options are selected via the user interface .
(computing, object-oriented) In object-oriented programming, a piece of code defining a set of operations that other code must implement.
- This interface is implemented by several Java classes.
- The Audio and Video classes both implement the IPlayable interface .
* abstract interface
* generic interface
* marker interface
* network interface
* user interface
to construct an interface for, to connect through an interface
to be an interface, to be into an interface