As nouns the difference between operation and heartbeat
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while heartbeat
is one pulsation of the heart; especially an irregular one, hence the emotion which causes it.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
One pulsation of the heart; especially an irregular one, hence the emotion which causes it.
- The policeman waited for a heartbeat in vain
The rhythm at which a heart pulsates, a cardiac indicator
- ''He alone gives me such heartbeats
A driving impulse or vital force.
- ''If your heartbeat doesn't normalize soon, consult a doctor!
A very short space of time; an instant.
- Music is the heartbeat of the people.
(computing) A periodic signal generated by hardware or software to indicate normal operation or to synchronize other parts of a system.
- The ambulance arrived in a heartbeat .
* (rhythm at which a heart pulsates) pulse
* in a heartbeat