As a noun operation
is the method by which a device performs its function.
As a verb configure is
to set up or arrange something in such a way that it is ready for operation for a particular purpose, or to someone's particular liking.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
To set up or arrange something in such a way that it is ready for operation for a particular purpose, or to someone's particular liking