Operation or Administration - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between operation and administration
is that operation
is the method by which a device performs its function while administration
is (uncountable) the act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The method by which a device performs its function.
The method or practice by which actions are done.
The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
* John Locke
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation .
- The pain and sickness caused by manna are the effects of its operation on the stomach.
A planned undertaking.
- Speculative painting, without the assistance of manual operation , can never attain to perfection.
- The police ran an operation to get vagrants off the streets.
A business or organization.
- The ''Katrina'' relief operation was considered botched.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
(medicine) a surgical procedure.
- They run a multinational produce-supply operation .
(computing, logic, mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands).
(military) a military campaign (e.g. )
(obsolete) Effect produced; influence.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- The bards had great operation on the vulgar.
(uncountable) The act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction.
(countable) A body that administers; the executive part of government; the persons collectively who are entrusted with the execution of laws and the superintendence of public affairs; the chief magistrate and his cabinet or council; or the council, or ministry, alone, as in Great Britain.
(uncountable) The act of administering, or tendering something to another; dispensation.
- Successive US administrations have had similar Middle East policies.
(uncountable, business) Management.
(uncountable, legal, UK) An arrangement whereby an insolvent company can continue trading under supervision.
- ''the administration of a medicine, of an oath, of justice, or of the sacrament.
- The company went into voluntary administration last week.
* supervision, conduct, management, regulation, organization, governing