Opaque vs Couching - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between opaque and couching
is that opaque
is (obsolete|poetic) an area of darkness; a place or region with no light while couching
is (medicine) the operation of putting down or displacing the opaque lens in cataract.
As verbs the difference between opaque and couching
is that opaque
is to make, render (more) opaque while couching
As an adjective opaque
is neither reflecting nor emitting light.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Neither reflecting nor emitting light.
Allowing little light to pass through, not translucent or transparent.
(figuratively) Unclear, unintelligible, hard to get or explain the meaning of
(figuratively) Obtuse, stupid.
(computing) Describes a type for which higher-level callers have no knowledge of data values or their representations; all operations are carried out by the type's defined abstract operators.
* (physically) see-through, translucent, transparent
* (figuratively) clear, obvious, bright, brilliant
* The comparative opaquer and superlative opaquest, though formed following valid rules for English, are much less common than more opaque' and ' most opaque and seem to occur more frequently in poetry.
(obsolete, poetic) An area of darkness; a place or region with no light.
* 1745 , Edward Young, Night-Thoughts , I:
Something which is opaque rather than translucent.
- Through this opaque of Nature and of Soul, / This double night, transmit one pitying ray, / To lighten, and to cheer.
To make, render (more) opaque.
(medicine) The operation of putting down or displacing the opaque lens in cataract.
(textiles) Embroidering by laying the materials upon the surface of the foundation, instead of drawing them through.