Olyphant vs Oliphaunt - What's the difference?
| Alternative forms
Olyphant is an alternative form of oliphaunt.
As a noun oliphaunt is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Not English Olyphant has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
* olifant, oliphant, olyfaunte, olyphant
(archaic, and, historical) elephant
* 1523 , John Skelton, “A ryght delectable treatyse upon a goodly garlande or chapelet of laurell” in Poetical Works of John Skelton , 1853, p 365:
* 1954 , ), Random House (1982), ISBN 978-0-345-33971-3,
- The gander, the gose, and the hudge oliphaunt , / Went with the pecok ageyne the fesaunt;
- ‘Were there any oliphaunts ?’ asked Sam, forgetting his fear in his eagerness for news of strange places.
* In current usage, this form is chiefly found in reference to the very large fictional elephants found in .