Pristine vs Old-fashioned - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Pristine is a related term of old-fashioned.
As adjectives the difference between pristine and old-fashioned
is that pristine
is unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied or pristine
can be relating to sawfishes of the family pristidae while old-fashioned
is of a thing, outdated or no longer in vogue.
As a noun old-fashioned is
a whiskey-based cocktail.
From (etyl) pristin.
Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
Primitive, pertaining to the earliest state of something
Relating to sawfishes of the family Pristidae.
* 2008, J.M. Whitty, N.M. Phillips, D.L. Morgan, J.A. Chaplin, D.C. Thorburn & S.C. Peverell, Habitat associations of Freshwater Sawfish (Pristis microdon)and Northern River Sharks (Glyphis sp. C): including genetic analysis of P. microdon across northern Australia [http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts/publications/pubs/freshwater-sawfish-northern-river-shark.pdf]
- This indicates that the present levels of genetic diversity in P. microdon are not unusually low, although the amount of diversity to be expected in pristine populations of coastal species of elasmobranch remains elusive because all populations investigated to date have suffered some degree of decline (e.g. Sandoval-Castillo et al. 2004, Keeney et al. 2005, Hoelzel et al. 2006, Stow et al. 2006, Lewallen et al. 2007).
* old fashioned
Of a thing, outdated or no longer in vogue.
* , chapter=1
Mr. Pratt's Patients
, passage=Pretty soon I struck into a sort of path […]. It twisted and turned,
Of a person, preferring the customs of earlier times.
* Said of all kinds of things including words, houses, places, chimneys, character traits, cookware, education, music, or style.
A whiskey-based cocktail.
* 1996 , Paul F. Boller, Presidential Anecdotes (page 286)
- At the end of the workday, the Trumans liked to have a cocktail before dinner. Shortly after they moved into the White House, Mrs. Truman rang for the butler, Alonzo Fields, one afternoon and ordered two old-fashioneds .