As adjectives the difference between oblong and obtuse
is that oblong
is longer than wide while obtuse
is blunt; not sharp.
As a noun oblong
is something with an oblong shape.
Longer than wide.
Roughly rectangular or ellipsoidal.
Something with an oblong shape.
A rectangle having length greater than width.
Blunt; not sharp.
Intellectually dull or dim-witted.
Indirect or circuitous.
Of sound: deadened or muffled.
(geometry) Of an angle: greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
(geometry) Of a triangle: with one obtuse angle.
* (intellectually dull ): dense, dim, dim-witted, thick (informal)
* (of a sound ): deadened, muffled
* (blunt ): blunt, dull
* (of a triangle ): obtuse-angled
* (intellectually dull ): bright, intelligent, on the ball, quick off the mark, quick-witted, sharp, smart
* (of a sound ): clear
* (blunt ): pointed, sharp
* (of an angle ): acute
* (of a triangle ): acute, acute-angled