Charmed, delighted, enraptured.
Under the influence of enchantment.
Influenced or controlled by evil spirits, but less than possessed in that the spirits do not actually reside in the victim.
*E. W. Sprague, 1915 , Spirit Obsession Or a False Doctrine & A Menace to Modern Spiritualism , page 86, ISBN 0766140725.
*:Believing that an evil spirit is trying to obsess' one is a dangerous belief, and when one comes to believe he is ' obsessed by an evil spirit, though there is not an evil spirit within a thousand miles of him, he will have all the symptoms.
*2007 , James E. Padgett, The Teachings of Jesus , page 100, ISBN 1430303913.
*:It is true, that by the workings of the law of attraction, and the susceptibility of mortals to the influence of spirit powers, mortals may become obsessed by the spirits of evil...
*2010 , Joseph Agbi, Living in God's Kingdom , page 71, ISBN 1612154107.
*:What of demon possession, whereby a person is not only obsessed or oppressed by evil spirits, but these spirits actually reside in such a person?
Intensely preoccupied (with) or (by) a given topic or emotion; driven by a specified obsession.
* 1997 , Philip Roth, American Pastoral :
* 1999 , Mark Lawson, The Guardian , 28 Jun 1999:
- What was starting to unsettle him, to frighten him, was the idea that Merry was less horrified now than curious, and soon he himself became obsessed , though not, like her, by the self-immolators in Vietnam but by the change of demeanor of his eleven-year-old.
* 2007 , Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day :
- Strangely, although it is an international cliché that the British are obsessed with the weather, it is a fixation with minor irritations: will rain spoil the wedding, the Test Match, the bank holiday?
- Everyone lay around in a sort of focused inertia, drinking, handing cigarettes back and forth, forgetting with whom, or whether, they were supposed to be romantically obsessed .