Persist vs Observed - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between persist and observed
is that persist
is to go on stubbornly or resolutely while observed
To go on stubbornly or resolutely.
To repeat an utterance.
To continue to exist.
(computing) To cause to persist; make permanent.
* 2006 , Marco Bellinaso, ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming
* 2009 , Alistair Croll, Sean Power, Complete Web Monitoring
- This would not be saved after his session terminates because we don't have an actual user identity to allow us to persist the settings.
- While hashtags aren't formally part of Twitter, some clients, such as Tweetdeck, will persist hashtags across replies to create a sort of message threading.
* (go on stubbornly or resolutely) persevere, see also
* (continue to exist) last, remain
* persistence / persistency
(cognate terms using -sist)
::N-substituted pyrroles are much less reactive than the other 5-membered 1,3-dienes; no reaction was observed between N-(trimethylsilyl) pyrrole or N-benzylpyrrole with Smith’s diene (4) under thermal or high pressure (4 days at 14 kbar) conditions, even in the presence of Lewis acids.
Aldrichimica Acta Volume 30 No 4] (pdf) from [http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/chemistry/chemical-synthesis/learning-center/aldrichimica-acta.html Sigma-Aldrich