Tainted vs Obnoxious - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Tainted is a related term of obnoxious.
As adjectives the difference between tainted and obnoxious
is that tainted
is corrupted or filled with imperfections while obnoxious
is extremely unpleasant, offensive, very annoying, odious or contemptible.
As a verb tainted
corrupted or filled with imperfections.
- Hey, get that away from me! It was bought with tainted money.
* Nouns to which "tainted" is often applied: food, meat, beef, pork, milk, water, fish, toys, love, evidence, money, reputation.
* obnoctious (obsolete)
Extremely unpleasant, offensive, very annoying, odious or contemptible.
- He was an especially obnoxious and detestable specimen of a man.
(archaic) exposed to harm or injury.
* 1661 , , page 26,
- Throwing stones at the bus is another example of your obnoxious behaviour.
- To begin then with his Experiment of the burning Wood, it seems to me to be obnoxious to not a few considerable Exceptions.